Happy Monday. It’s time for my weekly mind dump where I share the latest and greatest, updates, Likes, and other great content from the interwebs and social media.
- Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day… his life and legacy are inspiring.
- Religion vs the Gospel. If you haven’t seen this video yet, it’s definitely worth checking out. What are you thoughts on it? I think it brings up some great thoughts and has certainly gotten a big response.
- We’re going viral. Last week was another big week in the world of social media for the Church. National Human Trafficking Day [including the A21 Campaign and International Justice Mission] trended globally on Twitter as well as the Code Orange Revival being hosted by Pastor Steven Furtick and Elevation Church. It’s pretty awesome to see the Church making its message loud.
- Church Communications Coaching application deadline is this Wednesday. I’m already blown away by the response and know making the decision on which 12 to accept is going to be a tough one! It’s not too late to throw your name in the hat. Details here.
- The Brits sure know how to make some good TV. I’ve been riveted lately watching some of the Masterpiece shows from PBS. Downton Abbey and Sherlock are fantastic. Brilliant stories, great acting, and I think the accents are cool, too.
- Rules of a Creator’s Life. I saw this being shared around the interwebs late last week and loved it. I think these are rules that should apply to everyone, regardless of the work you do.
- On the road again. Next weekend I’m back on the road headed to Charlotte for a conference and to hang with my boy Jason Yarborough. I’m also hoping to sneak over to Dream Year Weekend and see Ben Arment and co.
- Interviews are coming! Last week I interviewed Jesse Phillips, creator of the NeuYear calendar, and I have some great interviews coming up with Charles Lee of Ideation and Julien Smith, author of The Flinch. Stay tuned!
- If you loved the movie Helvetica… then be sure to queue up the latest project from producer Gary Hustwit, Urbanized, where he explores urban design. It’s fascinating.
- In church communication? Live in SoCal? Save the date… March 13. I’ll explain more soon. In the meantime, save that date, ok?
- I’m hoping the tribe doesn’t vote me out… but I am excited for the opportunity to attend the Killer Tribes Conference coming up at the end of March. I registered over the weekend and look forward to what Bryan Allain has in store. I’m learning a lot from Bryan and loved his book 31 Days to Finding Your Blogging Mojo.
- Bringing sexy back… again?! Pastor Ed Young is back in the headlines for his Sexperiement. There’s a good conversation happening over at ChurchMarketingSucks.com about all of this… check it out.
- Your church could help save a village. Last week I shared about Water Sunday, an initiative being headed up by Water Missions International. Check out a great article about this effort over on The Christian Post.
- First look… check out the trailer for Hillsong United’s upcoming project, Live from Miami. Releasing Feb 14. It will include 22 songs and over 2 hours of footage. It’s gonna be awesome!
- “In life and work, we are forever students. For if we believe we’ve mastered anything, we stop learning and miss what we will cherish most.” (via @BrianSolis)
What about you? What’s on your mind today?