Is this thing still on?
Hey blogging world. It’s me, Tim. I haven’t been around these parts lately, but I’m still here… and in the following days I’ll be more present online, especially here on my blog.
It’s a bit late to do a New Year’s post or year-in-review for that matter since it’s January 7, but I am really pumped for 2013 and grateful for all of the great experiences and opportunities I had in 2012. Here’s a quick snapshot…
- In January I started a health revolution of sorts, and to date have lmaintained a weight loss of 40 pounds! I’ve still got a ways to go… but I definitely feel great!
- In March I was let go of a consulting job I had, but trusted that God would provide.
- In May I flew to Australia for what was supposed to be a 2-week trip. It ended up being a 3-month adventure living in Sydney and spending a great deal of time with some of great people at Hillsong Church. I also got to attend Hillsong Conference, which was incredible.
- In August, I flew back to Chicago and decided to take a bit of a break from full-time church work and to spend time refocusing and praying about my future. I stepped down from co-leading the Center for Church Communication and can say with my whole heart that it was a tremendous honor to help lead and shape that organization for the time I was a part of it!
- Over the past few months I’ve been doing freelance work with some incredible clients in the area of social media… some Chicago-based companies, some major national organizations, and for a few individuals. I’ve loved the work I’ve been doing and am thankful for how God provided!
- I’ve been attending Soul City Church here in Chicago and am LOVING it.
- … and more than anything, I’ve been seeking God and have planted myself with a great community of people who are loving and encouraging me forward — it’s so goo dto be home!