Tim Schraeder is obsessed with all things social media. Having worked with some of the world’s largest churches and para-church organizations, he served as an evangelist for social media with a knack for connecting people and spreading ideas that matter. He’s been a consultant and coach as well as a sought-after speaker and author who helped write the book on communication and social media for the church.
Today, Tim is passionate to help businesses and organizations connect, engage, and build loyal followers across all forms of social media. He is a die-hard Chicagoan who can be found in any neighborhood coffeeshop that has free wifi.
Here’s a few places where you can find me.
April 3-4, 2014
Protestant Church Owned Publishers Association Conference — Nashville
I’ve spoken and lectured at a number of conferences and events including:
STORY Chicago, Echo Church Media Conference, Hillsong International Leadership College, National Religious Broadcaster’s Convention, Christian Media Australia Conference, MinistryCOM, the Evangelical Christian Publisher’s Association Conference, Hillsong Conference, MinistryLAB, Cultivate, and the United Methodist Association of Communicator’s Convention.
Stuff I Like.
- Exploring Chicago neighborhoods.
- Sprout Social.
- Australia. It’s like a second home.
- Coffee. Intelligentsia to be exact.
- Bulleit bourbon.
- Anything created by Apple.
- Reality TV…. even though in most cases it’s far from being real.
- Mexican food.
- Modern design.
- Edison bulbs.
- Public transportation.
- Aisle seats.
- Herschel bags.
- Spending time with my family and being an uncle to my nieces and nephews.
Books, Articles & Interviews
- Creator and editor of Outspoken: Conversations on Church Communication
- Contributor to Creative Matters
- Author of the forthcoming book ChurchComm101: Ideas to Help Your Church Communicate Better
- Go Into All of the World [With the Click of a Mouse — Hillsong Collected
- 10 Things That Drive Me Crazy About Working for a Church – Catalyst Blog
- My VIP Experience at Elevation Church — Outreach magazine
- Archive of all of my articles for Sunday | Magazine
- Archive of all of posts on Church Marketing Sucks
- Looking for Humilitas — Willow Creek Association Blog
- A Note to Young Leaders — Pastors.com
- Texting from the Pews to the Pulpit – ECHO Hub
"Self-taught in social media, Tim's professional skills and savvy are of such high caliber that he could teach the field in academia. He is an online personality that people seek out and trust, he is enormously personable offline and gracious face-to- face. A master of current media forms, he is excited and energized by what the future will bring and the unlearning it will require."− Leonard Sweet | best-selling author and Professor at Drew University
"The ingredients that define Tim as a cream of the crop communications professional include an ego-less hard work ethic, honesty, authenticity, strategy, intellect, relational insight, collaboration and continuous curiosity. I look forward to every opportunity to working with Tim."− Kem Meyer | Granger Community Church
"Tim blends professional excellence with interpersonal aptitude in ways that are rare but much needed and appreciated. He also is able to blend traditional and cutting edge approaches to communications that seems to strike the right balance of innovation and practical."− Michael Gogis | CFO, Willow Creek Association
"Tim Schraeder is an ideation and execution machine. Very rarely do you work with people that are just as good at executing as they are at ideating. If you need social media or marketing communication strategy, he's your guy. He's been revolutionary for me and our publishing team at Thomas Nelson."− Chad Cannon | VP of Marketing, Thomas Nelson
"Our company had successfully been using social media for a number of years, but when Tim began working with us we started to see many of the opportunities we were missing to reach new customers. He's helped us grow our social media and deepen the relationship we have with our existing followers."− Dan McDonough | Planned Property Management