Tim Schraeder is obsessed with all things social media. Having worked with some of the world’s largest churches and para-church organizations, he served as an evangelist for social media with a knack for connecting people and spreading ideas that matter. He’s been a consultant and coach as well as a sought-after speaker and author who helped write the book on communication and social media for the church.
Today, Tim is passionate to help businesses and organizations connect, engage, and build loyal followers across all forms of social media. He is a die-hard Chicagoan who can be found in any neighborhood coffeeshop that has free wifi.
Here’s a few places where you can find me.
Catalyst Conference — Atlanta
Social Media Team
UserConf — San Francisco
Social Media Team
October 21-22, 2013
ECPA’s PUBu – Wheaton, IL
October 26, 2013
United Methodist Association of Communicators Conference – Chicago
The Resurgence Conference – Seattle
Social Media Team
November 7, 2013
MinistryLab Network Gathering – Los Angeles
Stuff I Like.
- Exploring Chicago neighborhoods.
- Sprout Social.
- Australia. It’s like a second home.
- Coffee. Intelligentsia to be exact.
- Bulleit bourbon.
- Anything created by Apple.
- Reality TV…. even though in most cases it’s far from being real.
- Mexican food.
- Modern design.
- Edison bulbs.
- Public transportation.
- Aisle seats.
- Herschel bags.
- Spending time with my family and being an uncle to my nieces and nephews.
Books, Articles & Interviews
- Creator and editor of Outspoken: Conversations on Church Communication
- Contributor to Creative Matters
- Author of the forthcoming book ChurchComm101: Ideas to Help Your Church Communicate Better
- Go Into All of the World [With the Click of a Mouse -- Hillsong Collected
- 10 Things That Drive Me Crazy About Working for a Church -- Catalyst Blog
- My VIP Experience at Elevation Church -- Outreach magazine
- Archive of all of my articles for Sunday | Magazine
- Archive of all of posts on Church Marketing Sucks
- Looking for Humilitas -- Willow Creek Association Blog
- A Note to Young Leaders -- Pastors.com
- Texting from the Pews to the Pulpit -- ECHO Hub
"Self-taught in social media, Tim's professional skills and savvy are of such high caliber that he could teach the field in academia. He is an online personality that people seek out and trust, he is enormously personable offline and gracious face-to- face. A master of current media forms, he is excited and energized by what the future will bring and the unlearning it will require."− Leonard Sweet | best-selling author and Professor at Drew University
"The ingredients that define Tim as a cream of the crop communications professional include an ego-less hard work ethic, honesty, authenticity, strategy, intellect, relational insight, collaboration and continuous curiosity. I look forward to every opportunity to working with Tim."− Kem Meyer | Granger Community Church
"Tim blends professional excellence with interpersonal aptitude in ways that are rare but much needed and appreciated. He also is able to blend traditional and cutting edge approaches to communications that seems to strike the right balance of innovation and practical."− Michael Gogis | CFO, Willow Creek Association
"Tim has the answer for any individual or business that needs help with social media. Not only does he do great work, but he knows his customers well and helps them care for their customers and followers. He gets shit done and is the best I know. I couldn't recommend him more for your social media efforts."− Sarah Hatter | Founder & CEO, CoSupport
"Tim Schraeder is an ideation and execution machine. Very rarely do you work with people that are just as good at executing as they are at ideating. If you need social media or marketing communication strategy, he's your guy. He's been revolutionary for me and our publishing team at Thomas Nelson."− Chad Cannon | VP of Marketing, Thomas Nelson
"Our company had successfully been using social media for a number of years, but when Tim began working with us we started to see many of the opportunities we were missing to reach new customers. He's helped us grow our social media and deepen the relationship we have with our existing followers."− Dan McDonough | Planned Property Management